Monday, July 12, 2010

Freezer Cooking "WrapUp"



Since its the end of the weekend I figure I'll call it a wrap on my Freezer Cooking Days.

Did I accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish? NOPE! But I had some technical difficulties going for me.

My darn meat didn't want to thaw! I took it all out Friday afternoon and Saturday it was still frozen then Sunday it was still frozen! I couldn't believe it! I ended up putting 1 package of ground beef back in the freezer as it wasn't thawed not even a little bit. My fridge must be cranked up!

I did get to make:

Meatloaf-3x's
Meatballs-2x's
Spaghetti Sauce-4x's

I did get to bake up the 2 fryer chickens and will use them tomorrow to make the chicken & ham casseroles and I plan on putting the whole chicken in the crock pot in the morning probably for dinner tomorrow night and something else with whatever is left over.

I might try this weekend to get the mixes made up and something done with that other ground beef...or I'll save it for next month maybe.

The things I made surprisingly didn't take me long to get everything done so I know I can definitely get it done next month!

Thanks for praying for me and stopping by!

Jaymie

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I put my meat in warm water in the sink to get it to thaw. If it's chicken I just cook it frozen! I hate to touch it raw:)

    ReplyDelete