Friday, July 9, 2010

July Freezer Cooking Plan



Yay! It's time for Freezer Cooking Day(s)!!!

I'm so excited to actually do it this month.  Last month I did a couple things but this time I'm committed to doing it all the way.

I've been stocking up on marked down meats for a few weeks now to make sure I had enough to make up a bunch of freezer meals.  The other night I had to break into my ground beef to make spaghetti so I used what was left of the big pack to make 2 meatloaves. That's exciting!!!

I took an inventory of my freezer and based what I'd cook off of that.

So I have:

2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
2lbs split chicken breasts
2 whole cut fryer chickens
1 whole chicken
2 ham steaks
1lb of chicken tenders
8lbs of ground beef

I plan to make:
chicken pot pies
scalloped potatoes & ham
chicken & ham casseroles
breaded and baked chicken nuggets
meatballs
lasagna
taco bake

I also plan on making some non meat items like:
Spaghetti Sauce
Pizza Pockets
Pizza Dough
Bread & Bread Dough
Muffin Mix
Brownie Mix
Biscuit Mix
Cornbread Mix
"Poptarts"
Pizza Kits
Freezer Waffles

I know that is a lot on my plate but I'm going to utilize the weekend and I hope the rewards will be worth it.

I'll be updating as I go and maybe add some recipes and pictures too :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're ambitious! I don't think I could get all of that done in one day! Good luck, and happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this esp for when I go back to work when school starts! My boys love pop tarts. Can you share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlene-Thanks! I hope I get it all done too!

    Debbie-I'm going to try to make them I hope they turn out good...Pop tarts are so expensive so I'm hoping these will be good enough to not have to buy them anymore lol.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete