Monday, August 2, 2010

Coming Home Came Early

Hi Everyone! I know I've been absent lately, a lot has been going on here lately.

I have officially been a SAHM for 1 week now.  I was terminated from my job on a Friday and honestly at first it was kind of a shock but kind of good for us. Even though the weight of "how is my truck payment going to be made?" was added, we honestly feel a bit of relief.  No more worrying who is going to be home with the boys when they're sick, no more worrying who is going to call out, no more worrying about who is going to watch our kids. I felt myself breathe a little.

Last week I was busy running errands and the kids caught a bit of a stomach bug.  This week I am working on planning Hayden's pre-k curriculum and cleaning and organizing the whole house. A big decluttering session is going on this week and will most likely take me all week lol. It's amazing how messy you're house gets when you work full time!

I'm also going to be trying my hand at homemade bread today, I want to be able to make bread from scratch instead of buying at the store. My whole "planning" to be a SAHM was cut short obviously so I'm just going to dive right in on the cutting the budget part.

I also want to tell you some really really good news...I was saved on July 11, 2010 and was baptized for the first time ever in my life yesterday August 1, 2010. YAY!!! I'm so excited. I honestly feel like a new person as cheesy as that may sound.  I'm still learning and growing and working on being a woman of GOD but I can feel a difference in my overall attitude and happiness. It really has been wonderful!

Well that's all for now! I'll be posting an update on how my bread making adventure goes and maybe be posting our pre-k program once it's finalized...yay! I'm honestly so excited about all of this!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie

4 comments:

  1. Well, first and best of all, Congrats on being saved and baptized!!! That is so great! I am really happy for you and your new life in Christ.
    I think being a SAHM is the BEST job in the world! Plus it's much less stress LOL All the $ you are saving on daycare will pay your car payment. There are so many ways to cut cost on your house hold budget once you really figure out what you can and can not live without. It is so worth it.
    I was just getting ready to make some bread today, too! I was thinking about french bread.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah my paycheck only paid daycare and my truck payment so now just have to figure out where that truck payment is going to come from. I just made some half whole wheat bread I used half bread flour & half whole wheat...I hope it turns out decent. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, how wonderful about your newfound walk with the Lord. You are new creature in Christ and all things are new...that's why you feel so different! How AWESOME! Welcome to the Kingdom!

    REally happy to hear you are a stay at homer now! Welcome to that kingdom as well! You'll be amazed at how you can save enough for that truck.

    My daughters make bread everyday and we just love it! Amazing how many ways one can make bread.

    Blessings to you and your boys....now you can dance with them anytime you feel like it!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy! Thanks so much for all the kind words! :-)

    ReplyDelete