Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Pockets

Hi Everyone! Thought I'd share a recipe today! I do have a picture but I can't find my camera cord. I have no clue where it is!

I made these this morning to have for Randy for breakfast in the mornings. I'm going to freeze them then figure he can just heat them up in the microwave at work when he gets hungry.  He's not an early morning breakfast lover so me getting up at 5 to make him something in the mornings just wouldn't work for him.  So I figure he can heat these up whenever he's hungry. 

I'm on a quest to find things to make from scratch instead of buying processed expensive frozen meals.  I didn't get to do freezer cooking for the month of August but will be doing so in September.  I found that I can get great deals at a local Amish store and also at a butcher shop.  I got 10lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $20 which is a good deal around here.  So today I'm going to share something I whipped up this morning.

Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Pockets

1 can biscuits (next time I'll make my own but wanted to use these up they were in the fridge)
1lb fresh loose breakfast sausage
6 farm fresh eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 & grease a baking sheet.
-Brown up loose sausage
-Scramble and cook eggs
-Make your assembly line of biscuits, eggs, sausage & cheese
-Roll out your biscuit to a good size like a mini pie crust
-Place eggs, cheese, and sausage towards one side of the rolled out biscuit
-Fold over the other side to make a little pierogie shape
-Crimp the edges so it won't ooze out
-Place on cookie sheet & repeat until you've used up all your biscuits.
-Bake for 13-18 mins (depending on your biscuit package instructions)
-Take out of the oven and enjoy!
-Let them cool then flash freeze then place in a freezer bag to take out one at a time.
-These can be microwaved wrapped in a paper towel for 60secs depending on your microwave.

Hope you like these! My family is loving them!

I also made these with pb & jelly and also ham & cheese one day for lunches. Little D can hold onto these biscuit pockets a lot easier then a regular sandwich and he's loving them!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...these sound SO good! Hubby and I will have to try. THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete