Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cutting Back

I know I've been gone for a few weeks, things have been very crazy hectic but I'm back now so hopefully I won't get blog-lazy now...lol

Randy and I are desperately needing for me to return home to be with our boys. Things have gone from bad to worse in the daycare situation, financially and the behavior and happiness of our children.  I know GOD is giving me all kinds of signals and hints and showing me why I need to a full time mom but I'm so hesitant because I don't want to have to struggle any more than we already are.

So in an effort to make things easier when I do finally quit this job and come home to my kids, I'm compiling a list of everything I could make from scratch and save money on. 

Here is what I have so far (let me know if you can think of anything else)

Home:
1. Laundry soap
2. Dish soap
3. Dishwasher soap
4. All-Purpose cleaner
5. other household cleaners

Kitchen:
1. baking mixes
2. breads
3. snacks, cookies & cakes (mostly for lunches)

Baby:
1. DIAPERS!-I'm switching Lil D to cloth diapers and I know I can make these myself to save even more money
2. wipes
3. wipe solution

I will also try my hand at making some clothes, towels, UNpaper towels and anything else I can think of along the way.

I'll be posting updates, recipes & pictures and would appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie

1 comment:

  1. Jayme,

    I understand all too well the frustrations of having your children out of your home and having to deal with the unruly behaviors they pick up. My husband always says who ever has them the longest wins. So true, that is why we decided years ago that we would do everything in our power to have me stay at home. I have been a stay at home mom for 21 years now, homeschooling our 5 little (big now) chicks and roosters.

    You will never regret your decision to come home to the roost. I am so happy for you!

    I made all my own "stuff" as well for many years...henny penny's are now older and we are able to do a little less "making"...but still enjoy doing much ourselves. We make all our own bread, and from scratch meals. Makes for very healthy eating.

    I work from home now and am supplementing the income. I love it! I can do work in my pj's if I want to!

    May you be blessed on this journey as you seek to do His will.

    From one chick to another,

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete